Investigations & Interviews
This course is aimed at those people who conduct internal investigations such as HR practitioners, complaint investigators, and health & safety managers. This program is a modified version of the PEACE model used internationally in law enforcement.
- Determining the type of investigation - criminal, civil, or complaint.
- Planning the phases of the investigation - what to look for and when to look for it using a check list.
- Assessing risk - legal, moral and ethical considerations.
- Gathering evidence - What is evidence, how should it be managed, and determining the value.
- Conducting interviews - How to structure interviews, key questions to ask, how to get the right information.
- Assessing the evidence - What is helpful and what needs to be ignored.
- Legal issues - What are the considerations, is the bill of Rights applicable, and what are the HR implications.
- Compiling reports - How to structure a final report.
- Completion of files - How to complete a file to ensure the privacy and civil implications are negated.